Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Method 7- Tagging, folksonomies & social bookmarking in Del.icio.us

I had an account with Del.icio.us for a while now and it is very convenient to have my favorite websites saved and then be able to retrieve them from anywhere.  Reading the articles and watching the tutorials showed me more of the possibilities available with this site that I had not utilized before.   I tried out the features to search for new bookmarks through tags and view the wealth of great sites that others have discovered.  I found some new gems that will be useful in my work and personal enjoyment I thought the way the site organizes the saved bookmarks by a tag to keep all the bookmarks with similar categories together a plus.  In addition, I did look through the other library's listing and found them helpful  My library has not created a Del.icio.us account yet which I will recommend that we do.  I agree with the article- there is great potential to provide online resources in a way better for patrons because the listings are offered with user friendly tags not just the ambiguous Dewey decimal labels.  This tool is easy to use and fun to discover all the "delicious" (I just had to add this) offerings.

No comments:

Post a Comment