Monday, August 15, 2011

Method 6 - You too can Youtube

I had not gone actively searching at the site until this exercise, however this is not, of course, the first time I have seen a Youtube video.  I have had friends and family asked me "hey, have you seen this…?" and sent me a link to some funny video.  There is so much to watch and I found variety of videos from independent music, commercials, and classical television.  I became pretty captivated with Youtube.  I spent several hours just going through watching one video that lead to another video that lead to another.  Just one of the purely frivolous videos that are available is this clip from classic Sesame Street.  I grew up watch this show and it was fun to revisit my childhood.  I am still a big fan.  Enjoy!





Beside the just entertaining silliness, there are some extremely useful and educational recording.  For example, I discovered a video on how to deal with difficult patrons.  Furthermore, I do think that this is great way for libraries to promote themselves and their services in a popular and cutting edge format.  Even with Youtube potential to offer an innovative mode of communicating the library's mission to possible non-library users, I highly recommend using some commonsense.  Anybody can post on this site and some things are just best not seen.  I will navigate this site carefully to avoid viewings I feel are inappropriate.  If utilized with caution, Youtube is worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment