Thursday, June 23, 2011

Method 3- Cloud Computing

I am not one to jump into a new technology quickly and I was not familiar with the term cloud computer before this exercise.  The I realized that I had already been "in the clouds" unknowing by using the services of Flickr.   Like Flickr, Googledocs and Zopper were very easy to navigate.  Beside the easy, Googledocs is practical tool. I already utilized it to work on a project both at home and work.  How exciting to be able to view and edit your work anywhere.  Also, there have been several cases where our library patrons needed a way to save their work and he/she do not have a disk or jump drive.  In these instances, Zopper or Googledocs would be very beneficial to recommend.  Even though the potential value is promising, I agree with Jenny Levine's points about privacy and security concerns.  I think that I will give cautious consideration before I will transfer everything into the cyber stratosphere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment