Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Method 4- Making Life " really simple" with RSS


Well it is really simple to use the Google reader that even before this exercise I had already set it up.  It was one of the features I utilized when I created my Gmail account to work on this program.  At the initial set-up, I added six of my favorite author and librarian blogs to my reader.  These sites where the ones I would visit quite often (one site at a time.)  Bringing them all into one reader is very useful and time saving.  I enjoy these blogs because they are funny and insightful.  Shannon Hale's http://oinks.squeetus.com/ site is one of my favorites, she is a stitch.  It is so fun to read about her writing projects but also the news about her husband and her new babies.   Another fun blog that I enjoy reading is from the librarian Abby Johnson (http://www.abbythelibrarian.com/) This compelling and very informative site gives really great book recommendations and advice for librarian.
Then for this exercise, I searched through the recommended sites for some new web pages to add to the reader.  I discovered an amusing travel blog (www.everywhereist.com) and the scholarly Harvard Business Review (www.HBR.org.)
Now with this reader, I will stay current, entertained, and informed with each of my selected sites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment