Saturday, July 16, 2011

Method 5- To Photo Share or Not to Photo Share


Before this exercise, I used Fliker a few times just for work purposes.  My library recently created an account to share great event moments as one of the ways to have an online present.  We do have a photo sharing policy- all of the photos presented online capture a group setting or images with only one or two people we obtain written consent from the individuals.  Our patrons really enjoy viewing the pictures and it brings a sense of community. 

I would use Fliker to share photos with my family and close friends. This application's ability to easily upload photos, organize them into sets, and add descriptions is extremely valuable.  I also like that it provides a convenient place to keep these precious memories and help me remember the story behind the pictures.  Although, I think Fliker offers a wonderful service I have some reservation.  I am little reluctant to share my family photos to the world.  I feel allowing my personal pictures to be available to anyone may be giving out too much information.   

No comments:

Post a Comment